Wednesday, February 6, 2008

subtle suffocation

Growing apart fruits,
there comes a time when the roots separate,
and then we have time to think
then, who are you truly?
lifted away from the branch,
and you finally set foot on your own,
that is when you realize that it is
then, time for you evolve or to rot....

So, I am single now. I'm not sure if my heart's become solid, but I don't have intense emotions. Right when it happend, subtle tears came flowing down, but it wasn't the right amount of tears. Although I miss the company, I'm beginning to think it was for our own futures. He's going to Chicago to become something big, I'm going to go somewhere else to become something. I feel like there is much more time needed for me to travel and discover different people.
I can't really say I'm depressed, because I feel like I've blocked that kind of statis. Being depressed means months of recovering, and I don't need that in my life right now. More like I don't want that in my life, because I can't concentrate on anything if I am in that situation.
I've become to realize the comfort of being independent. It's nice to actually be ok, being on your own. I'm able to notice who I am more because I'm not putting that effort towards someone else.

I think I have a curse, I never have a boyfriend on V-day.
It's ok though, I'm against V-day. Capatalists trying to snag money on all of us!

2 comments:

sujen said...

It was really good to talk to you girlie--Keep those eyes heading up! I think that this is a chance to breath and enlarge your personal interests and space. I know you're an adventurous person, so there's no doubt that you will find something of your own soon.
Ive found that it's nice to be independent as well; it's wierd at first, thinking for myself, but I've grown accustomed to the luxury. Redouble those efforts in yourself. <3

BTW, we have the entire V-day thing in common. *dies of laughter*

Sarah A said...

hey donna-deary. that is too bad about the so, i myself am missing the single life. enjoy it while you can...