Friday, March 7, 2008

jam jam

I suppose there's been alot going on.
-Let's see, I've been trying to get
my friend employed(he is Chinese) and he speaks in broken English.
You cannot believe how hard it is to get a job if you can not speak
fluent english in this town. So we are going to apply like crazy this saturday.
He also wanted to get a library card so that he can get some beginner's books to enhance his vocabulary.
-I have to voleenteer 20 hrs for my intro to Social Work class, so I can get
my credit from there. I'm thinking about teaching illierate people how to read.
Agh! There is just so many things I need to accomplish yet I feel like my body is so slow! It's running out of batteries or something. Oh a good tradition I've been starting is that I've been packing my own lunch. I try to eat greens/veggies everyday because it feels like it gives me much more energy. I try to cut on my carbs and not eat as much sugar..(which is quite hard) I try to listen to my belly if it's really hungry or not and that helps alot! haha..
Anyways, compared to you guys I feel like I am doing nothing artistic!haha.. really- I think the most artsy thing I do is doodle in my notes during lectures- har har. well well I can not wait for next saturday:D I can't believe it's already next week that I get to visit you guys! My co-worker was telling me about how we have next friday off and I just remembered that that saturday I was going to fly to Georgia:D crazy how time is...

1 comment:

sujen said...

hey girlie...
I'm sorry I haven't been able to talk to you on here for a while--the Charrette, which has just ended has been keeping us crazy busy (my group pulled an almost all-nighter yesterday night and then proceeded to flail with presentations...LOL).

But I'm glad to hear that you're eating healthy! I'm really bad about the eating part--as long as I exercise, I eat as much as I want. I think it's not really a "rewards" system, so much as if I'm still hungry, it means my body still needs food..LOL. But these days have been bad at scad, because we've been getting little sleep and I haven't been able to exercise, so I'm grumpy! >< And I'm losing appetite too. It's weird watching your body react to these things. But really, eating healthy= totally AWESOME. I hope we can continue that when I cook for yas in AU! <3

I wish I could meet your friend so I could talk to him! T____T he sounds really sweet--it sucks that he has to put up with such discrimination from language barriers (though I can empathize with employers on reasons).

I think it's interesting that you have to volunteer for the social work...Maybe this will give you some insight on if you want to continue on social work or not!

Oh god, don't even talk to me about being artistic. ID is draining that completely out of me--I feel no more motivation to draw. My notebooks used to have doodles, and now they're just pure notes. It's really sad actually..LOL. But FOR CEREAL. I can't WAIT TO SEE YOU AT THAT AIRPORT IN 2 FREAKIN' DAYS.
I LOVE YOUUUU!!