Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Are you ready for me JAPAN?

In approximately 2 days, I will be heading to the land of spiritualism/art. In a way, I don't think alot of traditional Japanese people would appreciate me because 1. I am an Americanized Japanese girl 2. I can be very opinionated about subject matters that I am passionate about. 3. I don't see the tradition in catering to men.... But, we'll see. I would like to understand my Japanese roots alot better. Oh, and another thing, I am getting a tattoo which is still quite taboo in most places in Japan.
I cannot wait to eat Japanese food though. The fresh sushi, squid, tofu, udon, ramen(actual ramen noodles) w/ much more ingredients other than just the noodles itself, takoyaki(octopus bundled in usuta-sauce/katuo flakes/nori), Japanese pastry/cakes, ugh.. and so much more!
The activities that I am looking forward to doing in Japan is getting a tattoo(at this cute parlor in Tokyo which is called Red Bunny), traveling alone(I better becareful because there are random stabbing murders, unstable people kidnapping foreigners and killing them, and sexual harrassers on trains..lol), meeting up with old friends/family, going to Tokyo night clubs(we'll see about this one:), going to kool bars, and believe it or not riding in trains..
In a sense, I feel like this is the last trip I am having without responsiblities/money troubles/ and being a teenager. Well, it is going to be.

well, I better go off packing a month worth of fun.
My exploration of Japan is about to start, and I feel like I am about to discover a part of
my history.. we'll see I guess:)
Photobucket

2 comments:

sujen said...

LOL--now I'm going to have to go through and comment on each one!
That is a totally cute picture of you (have you had your hair cut since the alst time we've seen you?)
I feel the same way about returning to Taiwan--I'd def. be out of place there, I think (and not just because of my fashion sense either...LOL).
I was reading a manga by the same woman that created RULES (remember the manga you gave me?) and it had a guy with a tattoo of a twin-headed dragon on his back (so cool) but it turns out his dad was a tattoo artist and he did work mainly for the Yakuza; which totally freaked me out 'cause I know the meaning in there is so deep..LOL. BE CAREFUL DONNA!! :0

AppleJelly said...

yup. I pretty much have short hair once again..It seems as though I have no patience for my hair to grow longer! hahaha, Don`t worry, I`m not going to turn into a yakuza..lol