Monday, July 28, 2008

Goodbye Japan...

I'm definately beginning to feel sad that I am leaving this country. The past month was full of events, so I am going to feel strange back in the U.S.A. I've done so many things such as go to Tokyo Disneyland, solo trip for a week, do those ridiculous purikuras, drank w/ my buddy at the top of Shibuya, ride lots of trains, eat sushi!, eat kakigo-ri, bike riding, reading mangas for hours, meeting Aussies/German/American boys, meeting my Japanese childhood friends, getting my tattoo, oh did I say eating?? yeah eating was one of the best parts.

I know I was just enjoying the good parts of Japan, but I feel like I understand my culture better in a sense. It made me more interested in perfecting my Japanese and my history of Japan. This trip has definately opend my eyes towards different things. Now I know I want to have a stable job that pays well so if I do end up having a family, I can do all those fun family events. It really helps to have money...It sounds so shallow, but I believe this has become reality. Money=power, Power=Esteem, Esteem=Happiness, Happiness=Longevity.... and so on. Of course thoese homeless people that were under the train stations will never leave my mind. I can be them. Therefore, I can never feel like I could degrade them. In the back of my mind I say to myself how lucky I am at least to have some kind of shelter. Those people only had cardboard boxes for houses... I bet with the Japanese humidity it sucks to sleep on something as uncomfortable like that.

I guess my mind has become philsophical after reading Pluto(the manga). Why is it that there is the poor, the middle class, the rich? Is it the strength of our brains that decide this? Isn't it interesting that people are not perfect? Who is our creator? Did god really write the bible through people? Is it going to be the end of the world- because we humans became so technologically advanced near perfection? hahaha. I know I might sound like a goofball, but really who is to say it's right or wrong what happens in the future? Who is to say that they know what is going to happen?

Anyways, on with something different. I'm a bit scared to go back to the U.S.A. Am I going to feel out of place? I think it is so important for every human being to visit different countries other than their own country. It really broadens your mind. By visiting you learn so much more about how people live in different circumstances. You learn how to adapt. You become more human by learning about different cultures and actually visiting the places. At least this is how I felt. I want to travel so badly. I want to travel to Brazil, Cuba, Argentina,(most south american countries), Russia, Romania, Germany, France, Italia, Thailand, Tibet, Taiwan, China, Korea, Africa, Egypt, Pakistan, India, Combodia, Iran, Iraq, Aphganistan, Iceland, Mongolia, Australia, Sweden.... and So much more. At least these are the places from the top of my head.

What is the percentage of the poor/the middle class/the rich?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Sarah A said...

90% of the US's wealth belongs to only 10% of its population. try to wrap your mind around that stastic and you can see we are rapidly loosing our middle class.

hit me up if you ever go to France or Germany, I'd love to go again or at least tell you some of the cheapest hostels and best cities to visit.

for me i didn't encounter any huge culture shock. especially in germany, they just lived....efficiently. in an ideal world where i would love to join them. i seriously want to return to berlin to live. D:

it'd be amazing to tag along with you in your travels. traveling alone can be a bitch at times. i'd follow you anywhere except the really hot places. :D

sujen said...

LET'S GO SEE THE WORLDDDDDD!!!!
*dance dance*
I want to go back to TW so bad so I can get connected too--I know I can pick up stuff; it's just frustrating being in an environment where I have no way really to practice language and be immersed in that kind of situation. :D I'm glad that you got to do some self-exploration, I think all of us need that clarity at some point in our lives.
Yeah--going to SCAD's Charrette really opened my mind to the facts of our society financially--it's rather horrifying. I hate money so much; just because it ties us to so many things. I know I need to get a job after I graduate, but I want to have a chance to get out first and see different things. I'm scared to death (like most people, I guess) that I'm going to get tied down to that job and never be able to leave.

But yeah.
Let's go see the world together.
It would rock sooo hard> :D

AppleJelly said...

yeah we should all travel the world together!!!
I guess we gotta be more smart about where to save money and such. I think I'm going to become a coupon natzi..LOL
I want to go to Taiwan as well.. agh! so many places.. and Germany