Friday, July 4, 2008

Rain, rain pour away all those mosquitos\heat!

what a day today was. I was basically researching all day for my solo trip that is beginning this monday. It`s official that I am visiting Totori, (which has the desertland), O-saka(has one of the biggest castles..it`s also known for their AWSOME takoyaki/okonomiyaki), and than Kyoto to visit my sister and the Gion festival that is running right now until august. My sister and I are planning to get dressed in Furisodes which is usually worn on the coming of age ceremony. Since I am turning 20 this year, it`s a custom in Japan to get dressed in Furisodes which are kimonos with longer sleeves that come down near the floor. I can`t wait to get dressed in kimonos and get hair and makeup professionally done.
Anyways, today was a very humid day. I thought I was going to melt when I took Hanaco for a walk for only 20 minutes. I think the official summer had begun today. When I came home, my sister said that my butt was drenched with sweat! How embarrassing! Hanaco is feeling a little better today. We really enjoyed the cold watermelon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

sujen said...

MMM--takoyaki! :'D total drooolll---I hope that one day I get to go to Japanland too and have some of the real stuff..LOL.
I am totally expecting pictures of you guys in the furisodes! :0 They sound sooo coool. I don't balme you for sweating though--I complain that it's hot here and I know it's nowhere as humid as japan! >< I'm going to hop onto the next blog post now and hope that you got the email with the tats on time! ;0; I'm sorry I sent them so last-minute!