Tuesday, July 1, 2008

hospitals and sick babies.

So, I awake from my nephews and niece's cry and scream and all that lovely noise children make. but, for some reason Hanaco had a fever and so she was not going to pre-school today.
Poor child. Apparently someone at her preschool gave her the fever.. My sister called the pre-school and apparently Hanaco was not the only one knocked out.
Well, I went to go get my MRI at 9:00 AM. The hospital looked pretty old. It was called Seiwa hospital. The techinician that instructed me about the MRI test was pretty imformative. He explained that the M for the MRI meant Magnetic. So, anything that I wore that was metalic needed to be put away. I changed into my Japanese looking hospital wear(it kinda reminded me of a yukata style) and was handed my ear plugs since the MRI made really massive noise. He gave me this noice maker to hold in my hand, just in case the MRI hurt me and that I could stop the machine if it was nessasary. That really made me nervous. If it was going to hurt me, I wondered if it was a electrifying pain.
During the process of the MRI, I sat still as possile since this test cost me close to 6000yen=which converts to about $60.00. I wanted the test to be accurate to the a. The MRI machine was kind of like a cubicle. No wonder the techinician asked me if I was clastophobic or not. When they put me under the MRI machine, I wondered if anyone was stupid enough to leave their peircings on. That would mean that the peircing would rip apart from the person and attach to the MRI machine.. in a way, that made me laugh. I realized that there was a camera hole near the level of my eyes as well. I wondered if the techinicians saw my facial expressions. The only facial expressions I had was closed eyes and stillness. I'm sure if they were able to see my expressions it wasn't that exiting..lol The MRI scanning was actually pretty harmless. I was dozing off, and just thinking about these ridiculous things. I was especially thinking about the careless person that lost my check via mail for my transcript. I called the bank last night and they had said that my $40.00 application fee was not cashed.. so, I'm just thinking that the IVCC people forgot to put it in my envelope or the University of Illinois Chicago admissions people didn't carefully look into my envelope. It really makes me mad, because my application will not be finished by the time I come back from Japan.
Anyways, I carry my test results to the hospital that I've been going to(Hanazono Seikei geka) and I wait patiently for about an hour for the doctor to tell my results. My result was that I didn't have a hernia... and that it might have been just an inflammation. This made me feel better about my leg, but at the same time I lost about 8000yen for this ridiculously non-serious illness. I guess I should of waited longer if my leg healed or not. Now I know that I just need to stretch more and excercise my legs more..lol Finally, before I left the doctor's room I asked the doctor if I could have my X-ray tests from the MRI. They look neat. I've always been fascinated by these X-ray tests, but unfortunately he said that it was law to keep it in his hospital for 5 years. He suggested me to take camera pictures or pictures from my camera phone, but that was not what I wanted. I wanted the X-rays!!!
well well, this is what happend so far today. During the waiting period in Hanazono I was looking at a magazine that had all different kinds of things to do in my city and cities near me. There was one male hair stylist that caught my eye. He looks unique and cute. check him out here...lol http://www.b-april.com/ I'm such a sucker for cute men:p

Photobucket

Photobucket

7/3/08

2 comments:

sujen said...

I'm actually really glad you got stuff checked out! I think that it's better earlier than never...and now you know/have idea on how to fix the problem you know? Dude, the image that you gave about the earrings coming out was NOT pretty..LOL. I would have hated to be in there and thought of that!
OHMIGOSH that hairstylist looks WAY COOL. I adore his parlor (they remind me of the Gallery Expresso at scad! All of the chairs and stuff you know? Kinda eclectic. I would LOVE to have hairstyles like the one he had on his site! T.T How awesome is that?
I hope that Hanaco gets better, and that you and your family are adjusting/doing well! :D Thanks for the emails on the tats...I feel a bit more secure, and after looking at Atatsuki's work, and how the general tattoo form is I think I have a better idea of how to construct it. I hope I can get it to you by early fri here! >0<
HAVE FUN DONNA! But most importantly, take care. <3

AppleJelly said...

I`ve been really daydreaming these days. I want to get my hair done at the salon, but than I realized how expensive it is...and that I don`t really want to cut my hair-:p but we`ll see- maybe before I leave.. It`s so expensive to live in Japan!!!
The adjusting part..hahahaha. I think my sister is the one mostly struggling with juggling 3 kids under the age of 2. I think if it wasn`t for me and my mother she`d be out of energy by now!